by Duncan Barrett and Nuala Calvi
1. Did you have a favorite GI Bride? any one you disliked especially? or did you like/dislike them all equally?
2. The authors portray the time period well?
3. How did you like the format of alternating chapters that the authors chose to tell the story?
4. Did you feel the book rang true? or is it affected by the passing of time, as memories often are?
5. What are your thoughts on the author's choice of "Brides"?
6. What effect did the young age of the brides have on the story?
7. What did you think the brides motivations were for getting married and coming to America?
8. Would you want to hear the GI's point of view? How do you think that may change the story?